Monday, February 05, 2007

Softest Baby Blanket in the WHOLE WORLD!!

Early this fall, I made the softest baby blanket in the whole world. I am so not kidding! Everyone that touched the baby blanket wanted to keep it as their own.

What is it made from?

Berroco Plush Color - light yellow with dark yellow flecks. I crocheted a little trim using Frog Tree - dark yellow.

The story------
So, the story goes, I went into our local yarn shop in Novato (DEVRIE CHRISTINA'S KNITTERIE , 1202 GRANT AVE #A1, NOVATO, CA 94945 (415) 236-1536) to buy some baby boy blue yarn, something smashing - I was thinking a tweed type color, because I LOVE LOVE LOVE tweed. Anyway, I didn't find what I was looking for. So, I started to chat it up with the owner, who directed me over to the Berroco Plush Color. They had pink, a very light blue and this yellow. She suggested I pick the yellow - 5 balls of yellow. She also told me to trim it in the Frog Tree, dark yellow. I was in a yarn shop trance, I followed her directions to the tee! Without will of my own.

She then instructed me to go home and using my size 10.5 circular needles (knit flat) - cast on 100 stitched - and knit until I ran out of yarn. Add a crochet trim in the dark yellow Frog Tree and I would be done.

Well, I left the store and before the hour was out, I had gotten my whits back and thought I made the biggest mistake in the world, or at least in the yarn selection world. I could not have been more unhappy with my purchase.

That night, at our Friday Knit Night - I cast on the yarn. I complained the whole time. But I began knitting. Before the week was out (I am a slow knitter) I started to like the yarn, by the next Knit Night, I was in love with the yarn.

It could not have been easier, the yarn knitted into this beautiful, lovely, amazing fabric. The BEST baby blanket in the world. Just the right size, just the right feeling - perfect recommendation for a new knitter who wanted to produce an AMAZING blanket!!

I loved the feel, the look and the fact that you cannot see a single mistake! It was so easy to make and so yummy when it was done. I would recommend this yarn to make a baby blanket, a soft hat, scarf, shrug - anything to keep warm and to feel baby soft!!!

I would love to hear from anyone else who had made a blanket or anything from this yarn. I am just looking for another Berroco Plush Color inspired project!! ;-)Liz

No comments: