Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Knit, Knit, Purl Scarf – That’s not a pattern!



I was told that Knit, Knit, Purl was not a pattern. Really? Is that so…. Well, guess what, it is a pattern and it is FINISHED! I have never been so happy in my life to finish this scarf. It took me about 5 months to complete and about 5 skeins of Rowan Aran Scottish Tweed with size 5 needles – but it is done, finally done! I was so happy to ship the scarf off to my nephew in Tennessee. He called to thank me for the scarf, he wears it every day!



What did I learn from this project?

Knit, Knit, Purl is a pattern.
Never – ever – ever knit another scarf on size 5 needles again!
Knitting for someone who loves the product is worth all the “oh my GOD, will I ever be finished!” conversations.
Follow the Yarn Harlots guidelines for scarf making (Knitting Rules!: The Yarn Harlot's Bag of Knitting Tricks, by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (Author)) – she really helped me to understand that I didn’t need to wait until I ran out of yarn, I was finished.
When tempted to make a matching hat – STOP –STEP AWAY FROM THE YARN…. After a week, if I am still inspired to knit a matching hat or mittens or anything with the scarf yarn, I can always do it later!!
And lastly, Never – ever – ever knit another scarf on size 5 needles again! AGAIN!!!!



See how happy I was to be done!! Finally DONE!!!

No comments: