Friday, April 20, 2007

What a Week

Boy what a week. I feel like I was all over the place! As the week comes to a close, I'm feeling good about my accomplishment.

I was in Toronto from Sunday to Wednesday. The first two days were very cold, with freezing wind. But it was warming up as I left.
I took my extended team out to lunch, for a celebration for the end of a successful project. Yum... Oysters were great! I got to know many new people on this trip.



St. James Church, from my hotel window -- early in the morning.

Saturday night before I left to Toronto, I plied the single from the brown pencil roving and the hibiscus-dyed single.
I love the way it turned out. Amazingly, I had perfect two singles length-wise. I only had about 10 cm of brown single left after I finished plying. It was meant to be!!

I resisted the urge to spin the mint-green superwash wool before I left, but now that I got some new bobbins, I did spin some last night. It's heavenly. I will post the photo next time.

I'm not doing so well on the knitting front. I started new pair of socks on the way to Toronto, and now I'm on the toe decrease for the first sock. I'm missing four stitches from one of the four needles. I can't figure out what happened! It will take some serious decoding to find out where I went wrong. My weekend project.

I finished the front piece of Boogie vest before I left, but I was utterly disappointed. Right before I finished it, I finally realized that it wasn't the design I was envisioning. From the only photo on this pattern on Knitty, I thought it was a V-neck (and that's what I wanted). But it's actually like a Henry neck, not a V.

I just couldn't tell from the picture on the pattern, as the shirt collar was obstructing the vest's neck. But if I actually read the pattern to the end, it was quite, quite obvious. Sigh.

So, now I frogged the neck shaping (or lack thereof) and now I'm working on making it look like a V, decreasing toward the shoulder seams. I am not sure how it's going to go, but I'll see... I just don't want to end up not liking it, as it won't do justice for my 20 + year old yarn!

I'm starting to realize, despite my denial and effort to ignore, that I am not a good knitter. But I think I'm pretty good at spinning. Yes, it does help.

No comments: