Monday, April 30, 2007

Weekend in Texas...

Hello everyone, Erin here. Just thought I'd announce myself as Tamami is usually the one that does the posting.

First of all, let me give kudos to Tamami for making our blog beautiful and for keeping up the posting. I swear this blog would be dead if it were left up to the rest of us to post!

I thought I would post a not so knitting related update. Yesterday I returned from a long weekend in Austin, Texas with my son, Austen. We went for my brother's wedding, and we had a great time. However, I'm a bit tired since I wasn't in bed before 3 am any night that I was there. I spent a lot of time with my uncle seeing the city and shopping at WalMart at 3am. Do you know how many people are at WalMart at 3am? Exactly 5 (not including us). - 4 people stocking shelves and one checker. It was a bit surreal.

Here is a picture from the wedding. The ring bearer is my son.


I had hoped to get more knitting done on the trip, but not much knitting except on the plane. I travelled with 3 different projects and wasn't asked once at the airport to open my bag. I guess that the screeners are used to knitting needles.

Knitting update:
On the needles: Plain sock (2nd one) in Socks that Rock January One colorway, Feather and fan shawl in KnitPicks Andean Treasure in purple, and Meida's socks from Favorite Socks book in Chasing Rainbows pansies colorway.

No comments: