Saturday, March 10, 2007

Birthdays and another FO

First of all, I want to say thanks to Tamami for some yummy yarn that she gave me for my birthday which included a skein of Tofutsies and a skein of beautiful purple Schaeffer yarn. I'm currently looking for a pattern for the Schaeffer yarn, and for the Tofutsies I may do the Broadripple pattern that Tamami is so fond of. Huguette also gave me some wonderful gifts for my birthday including Socks that Rock yarn that I am currently using to make socks (what a surprise). You knitters are too good to me! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Speaking of birthdays, it's Huguette's birthday tomorrow. I'd post a picture of her, but I'm sure that she'd kill me. Happy Birthday Huguette!

Any my final comment this morning is that I finished my grandmother's shawl - thanks to crochet help from Huguette. I sent it off without even taking a picture. Thankfully my grandmother's friend is a little familiar with technology so she snapped a shot of Grandma in the shawl and sent it to my phone. The quality isn't great, but here it is:


The yarn used was Artyarns Supermerino. No pattern, just a lot of YO's and k2tog's.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Tamami said...

Great shawl! Are you feeling better? Charlie came down with shingles -- and I'm off to Montreal on Monday. Eeek!