Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day Weekend


OK, ladies... I was hoping that someone would beat me to it, but here's the Labor Day weekend report. The long weekend that marks the end of the summer started, of course, with our third Knit Night Friday!

The Designated Knitters celebrated birthdays for Liz and me. I received a sock package. Thank you, ladies! The funny thing is that I thought I was turning a year older than I actually was. I found out my real age when my friend in Japan sent me email. Oh. Yeah. Now I feel like I saved a year.

Here's Liz, squeezing the skeins she got for her birthday!

At the Knit Night, I finished my third pair of socks that's been on the needles since mid-June. They actually traveled to Japan and back! And they are going back to Japan as these are for my girlfriend in Japan, for Christmas. I can't believe that I'm already preparing for the Holidays :-)

The socks are done in Knitpicks Parade. I love this yarn as it's sport weight, and gets done pretty quickly.
The next socks will be for my mom, but I will choose somewhat muted color for her.

Needless to say, we had a great night again. Erin even prepared a Knit Night door prize, which Huguette won, after completing Erin's original Knitters' Crossword Puzzle -- two balls of soysilk yarn, in her favorite color, lettuce green. So, everyone but Erin got yarn. This needs to be corrected, ladies.

We talked a lot about next Saturday's outing -- a trip to go see Yarn Harlot! Lots of fun stuff is planned, and we are all excited.

Sunday night, Charlie, Mitch and I went to Stafford Lake to watch the fireworks. Boy, it was cold! But it was worth the wait in the ice-cold wind. It was the best fireworks display I've seen in the US. It was close too, which helped. Mitch really enjoyed it too. It was our first time going to the Labor Day at the Park, and we intend to return next year, dressed much warmer!

Charlie spent pretty much all weekend warping the loom for the next project. This was the first time I saw the warping labor. P. A. I. N.
I can't imagine myself doing it. Ouch.
Now he has to fix a couple of broken strings. Compared to this, a long-tail cast on is a breeze, even when I had to cast 230 stitches for the Lotus Blossom Tank, and repeat it three times because I didn't have long enough tail (don't you hate it when that happens?)








OK, I don't think weaving is for me. I'm glad that I have knitting and spinning. Speaking of spinning, I've filled the second bobbin. Looking at the two bobbins, I can clearly see the improvement. I will post the photos next time.
Now the question is... what to do with them? I don't know if I should ply them, or just leave them as a single? What to knit? I will mull it over... I have two more empty bobbins to fill while I think about it.

Well, that's about it for the weekend. I'm feeling a bit sad that the summer is over now. It was a short summer for me -- nothing is long enough though. The next long weekend we can truly relax will be Thanksgiving, a long way down the road. Charlie and I will be busy at work until then.... Sigh.

Ladies, your turn. What did you do this weekend?

No comments: