Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Socks Completed!


Yes, you read that right.. I finished sock number 2! We have an official pair folks! Hard to believe. I have to admit this was the most fun project yet. Okay, so the 2nd sock had it's share of trouble, and in the meantime I lost the 1st sock a few times, once at Stitches West (later found in my new stash pile from my Stitches West loot!)

Nicole has a pair of hand knitted sock and she loves them.

Okay, so now I need some help. I could not do a decent Kitchener's stitch to save my life Both socks had issues. In addition, I have a small hole right at the corner where I picked up stitches. What is the trick to reduce the "hole" size?

All I can say is I am hooked on knitting socks AND finishing a project. So, now my dilemma is this? Do I start a new project with my new yarn? OR... do I finish my shrug scarf I started last February? I am leaning towards finishing so I can be done....

I am so happy with my wee little socks!! Thanks Erin for all your help.. and especially the other night at Stitches when I needed a designated knitter to fix my blunder.. after drinking too many margarittas!!!

3 comments:

Stefaneener said...

Yay for you! There are lots of tips for closing that hole (like knitting through the back of that loop), and a lot of tips for Kitchenering.

I don't' know, my Kitchenered toes always look as though they have little ears. I'm going to have to learn toe-up stuff.

Tactile said...

I solve the toe issue by doing toe-up socks. I lurve me some Judy's Magic Cast-On!

We had a blast with you and Erin Saturday night! We need to be neighbors next time too!

Maia

Lizzy said...

Hey Girl!! Thanks for the ideas! We had a blast with y'all too! We must share a wall next year too! And let us help to fluff next time... tho if Margarittas are on the agenda, you might have to fluff after us!! ahaha..

I will find a sock pattern as suggested... ;-)

Knit on! and remember, CF no more! ahahaha.. ;-)liz