Sunday, February 03, 2008

Excuses for not starting the 2nd sock....

Okay, so after yesterday's issue with sock number 1, I was still somewhat hopeful... , I had not given up the notion of casting on sock number 2, really... then this morning I woke up to.... yarn, everywhere, yarn... from one room to the next, there was yarn, pink yarn - everywhere....
What happened in the night? Who took my lovely little ball of pink yarn and 5 or was it 6 size 6 DPN's?
Was it Alex our Golden pup?? He says, no... not him....


Or Beau, our Lab pup? Beau says he didn't see a thing....













Maybe it was Sophina, she looks gentle and innocent, but it is that just an act?












Then again, my money goes to Robby our kitten...












Yes, Robby has been known to get into mischief... so, now what? Is this my excuse to abandon the thought of sock #2? My dog... my cat... ate my homework excuse?













I was able to recover 5 of the 6 DPN's, enough for a sock... and with Nicole's help, we were able to take the rats nest of yarn and - without cutting it - turn it back into a ball of yarn... so I guess, now I am obligated to cast on...... and begin Sock #2. Wish me luck!!

No comments: