Wednesday, December 05, 2007

$100 Parka Saves My Life

I'm not kidding. It's that cold in Toronto. Today was minus 12 degrees, Celsius, during the day. I don't even want to know what it is in Fahrenheit.

Living in California, I didn't even have a decent coat for the last few years. We just don't need it -- maybe a good rain jacket, but not a snow parka (and I don't ski). I've been going to Montreal and Toronto during the winter for the three winters in a row, so finally I've broken down and bought a parka that is supposed to withstand -20 F. It's not even close to a Kanuk, but still it's an $100 investment that I wouldn't have made in a normal situation.

Oh yeah. It works.
The color matches my Crosspatch too.

I braved going out tonight alone, in search of an ATM that accepts my card (it's a long, boring story), and got on a subway for the first time in this city. I saw a knitter on the subway!

That's pretty much it for the report. Hopefully I'll have something more interesting tomorrow. Will try to post the front piece of M's vest too.

No comments: