Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I wonder...

I've been wondering if anyone would notice if I brought my new travel wheel to the office. I'd just replace my footrest with the treadles, and thread the fiber by the keyboard tray. It would just fit right under the desk. Would really be good for keeping my stress level in the safe zone.


Lisa Souza Silk/Merino top. Huguette got it for me at Stitches...

It's beautiful... very lustrous and long fiber.

The problem is, what would I do with this yarn? It'll be great for a lace shawl, but I'm not a shawl type, and my knitting skill (and patience) is nowhere near it.

I've been itching to dye again too. My son and I picked the dandelion flowers yesterday, and this time I'm freezing them until I get enough flowers to make a dyebath. I just read about using Cherry leaves to make an orange-red dye. Who'd thought? I have three natural dye books, but none of them mentioned this. Ah, if only I had more time...

The purple handspun went home with Erin at the end of the Knit Night. The first yarn that made a gift!


This weekend is Gravenstein Apple Fair in Sebastopol. We were there last year, and there were several fiber/spinning related booths. Dangerous.

No comments: