Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Bunny Socks

I rammaged through my stash and found the yarn I wanted to use for my next pair of socks (number 5 for the year). As soon as I started knitting, I knew they were going to be for me, nobody else.


Lang BEBE yarn -- fingering, superwash wool -- and white Chrystal Palace Kid Merino mohair together. Lang BEBE is so cute but too soft and kind of flimsy to be knitted by itself -- maybe good for babies, but I'd put a hole on the socks right away.

By pairing it with the mohair, it's very cushy and substantial. Hopefully more durable too.

The relaxation factor of hand-knitted socks is amazing. But these will be super-decompression, unwinding bunny socks. I can't wait. I'm taking this on my flight to Japan tomorrow.

I'm itching to start a summer sweater, but I haven't been able to decide which one. Oh, I've added the Lotus Blossom Tank KAL button and links to the side bar -- there has been a number of visitors to this blog from my post on the KAL. The KAL activity has slowed down after the summer, but there are still visitors from it -- a nice surprise.

I haven't been to Japan for business for a long, long time. Strangely, it makes me nervous. I'm not prepared. It means that I won't be knitting all the way there -- some work to do :-(

1 comment:

theatreknitter said...

do you have any other patterns for the LAng Bebe yarn? I have 2 packets of it, and am looking fo some ideas